Do you have people staying with you for the holidays? My mother in law has been staying with us since before Thanksgiving, and I have to say it’s been fabulous! She is super helpful and fun, she’s in her late 70’s so she definitely has an opinion on EVERYTHING. I find it endearing and hilarious most of the time. Luckily I have pretty thick skin and am not offended easily! Ha! She thinks that anything newer than the 50’s is garbage. All the actors, the singers, the movies, appliances, phones…the list goes on and on. My husband and I decided if we were drinkers we could get completely wasted every night just watching The Late Show with her each night. We would play a drinking game where we would take a shot for every time she said she’s never heard of someone. We would both be on the floor passed out before the monologue was over! Haha!
The only thing that even slightly makes me crazy, and it’s not that big of a deal, but she is FREEZING 24-7. I cannot keep the house hot enough. I feel like when I walk in the back room where she hides out that I need to strip down, wrap up in a towel and gossip about the women at the country club. Get it?…because it’s like a sauna. It’s 40 degrees outside, and it feels like perfection to this cold hating girl because it’s so darn hot in the house! She’s stayed with us in the summer before and I never had to worry about air conditioning repairs because even though it was 100 degrees plus she still had the heater on. It’s hilarious how whenever we have guests she is trying to get them on her side. “Don’t you think it’s freezing in here?” She has only had two people agree with her…and neither of them have working thyroids, so there’s that. If you’re cold, come to the Hewlett house, we’re roasting like chestnuts on an open fire!
Luckily I can hide out in my craft room where it is slightly cooler than the surface than the sun and work on fun projects! I love this round up of sparkle holiday crafts! So many pretty, sparkly things! Did your project get featured this week?
Glitter Luminaries | DIY Holly Ornament and Gift Tag | Glittered Ombre Trees | Mini-Book Ornaments | Snow Wreath | Wintergreen Playdough | Nutter Butter Christmas Light Cookies | Gold Animal Ornaments | Santa’s Reindeer Art | Easy Sugar Cookies | Turquoise Holiday Glitter Lights | Glitter Bulb Ornaments | Angel Wing Ornaments | Pumpkin Spice Mini-Cake Doughnuts | Ornament Christmas Wreath Video | Sparkling Mint Cranberry Mocktail | Egg Ornaments | Beaded Christmas Wreath | Cone Christmas Trees |
Polly, here from Pieces by Polly as your host for this week.
Now let’s see what you’ve been up to! Be sure to read over the guidelines…
- We’d love it if you pinned the 19 Sparkly Projects picture above! 🙂
- Link to a specific post, not your home page.
- Don’t add links to promote giveaways, other link parties or your shops.
- Visit and comment on at least 2 other links in the party.
- Don’t link posts you’ve linked before.
- This party starts Sunday @ 9pm EST and ends Friday @ midnight.
- By entering a link, you give us permission to feature an image on our blogs. Proper credit and links will always be given.
- Please link back to whatever blog you are linking from and let your readers know you joined the block party and invite them to do the same!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 8 Non Candy Valentines Printable Cards for Kids - January 7, 2019
- Easy Monster Valentine Box for Classroom Exchanges - January 5, 2019
- Goals Worksheet Free Printable How Do You Want to Feel? - January 1, 2019
- Podcast New Years Episode How to Set Goals - January 1, 2019
- New Years Eve Printable Pack - December 28, 2018