This post may contain affiliate links. Having your own chalkboard sandwich board to decorate for different holidays and events is so fun! What a fun gift idea this would make with a package of chalk markers!
You know how I love to decorate for holidays and celebrations! This fun Chalkboard Sandwich Board was easy to create and makes such a fun decoration for pretty much everything! You can use it for birthdays, holidays, parties, school events…what a fun teacher appreciation gift this could make!
Okay, before we start, a couple little disclaimers. First, I totally measured wrong the first time and had to make some modifications after the fact, but yay for figuring it out! Second, Kassa provided me with the chalkboard vinyl decal and the amazingly delicious colors of liquid chalk markers. I was not compensated any further for this post. Of course, as always my opinions are always my own.
Let’s make it!
DIY Chalkboard Sandwich Board
- 2 pieces 2×2 medium density fiber board cut to 20 and 1/4 inch, leaving the length 24″ (you can find this by the plywood at The Home Depot in the smaller pieces area, they’re just a few dollars each, you could probably get a larger piece and cut them both from it and have some leftover.)
- 2-1×2 cut into 6 boards: FOR THE LEGS- 4-33 and 1/4 inch FOR THE TOPS- 2-17 and 1/4 inch
- Hinges of your choice, and screws that will fit them, and are 3/4″ long.
- Kassa Chalkboard Vinyl Decal
- Kassa Liquid Chalk Markers
- Tools to put together. I used the Nail Gun (my favorite tool), Wood Glue and a Drill.
The first step is to glue your boards to the fiberboard. Just run a strip along the fiberboard and place the board on top.
Next you will just use the nail gun and put a few nails in to hold in place. Repeat until all legs and tops are put on the two pieces of fiber board.
Then, take your chalkboard vinyl and peel back the backing as you stick it on the fiberboard. My boards were a little warped…as wood is sometimes, so I used a craft knife to clean up any overhang. You can also use a craft knife to cut the bottom of the sticker off, or use scissors. The sticker is 6 feet long, so you have plenty to do both sides!
Finally attach your hinges using the screws and drill “sandwiched” between the two boards.
Open your sandwich board up, and it’s time to have some colorful fun!
The colors are bright and go on the chalkboard great! Also…they wipe off with a damp cloth! Have some fun playing with the colors and make a fun design for your next upcoming event or holiday. This sandwich board is going to get lots of use over here!
What would you use a chalkboard sandwich board for?
Giving decor like this and my letter board gift idea couldn’t be more fun! You can customize it with a fun message to give, and then they can change it as they want. These kinds of gifts get lots and lots of use and are perfect for those people who seem to have “everything”.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Rainbow Candy Buffet for Baptism Dessert Table - September 19, 2018
- 3 Free Printable Halloween Bookmarks - September 17, 2018
- DIY No Sew Monster Trick or Treat Bags - September 14, 2018
- You’ve Been Boo’d Free Printable with Instructions - September 12, 2018
- Frankenstein’s Monster Surprise Ball - September 10, 2018