These pumpkin bars are simply the best pumpkin dessert recipe you will make this fall. I stand by that. Give a plate of these to your friends or neighbors, and pair it with the I love ya pumpkin gift tag for a truly delicious gift!
Let us “Give Thanks” for Pumpkin Bars. Now I’m sure many of you are asking, “Can there really be ANOTHER recipe for pumpkin bars”? And to all of you, I say, “ABSOLUTELY”! As a matter of fact, this one completely trumps all other pumpkin bars in the pumpkin bar world and is my go to, take anywhere, make anytime, get asked for the recipe every time kind of pumpkin bar. I just recently made them for my piano recital and they were the first out of four desserts to be wiped clean from the tray. One dad finally had to walk away after having FOUR of these pumpkin bars.
What’s not to love about a light, moist pumpkin bar covered with a brown sugared whipped topping? Not only are they incredibly delicious but you won’t even believe that they don’t have any butter or oil in them. So don’t delay. Take a chance and make these “not your average” pumpkin bars TODAY! If you’ve been assigned to bring a dessert to Thanksgiving dinner this is it.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla pudding (instant)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Brown Sugar Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (make sure there are no lumps in the sugar)
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- Combine all pumpkin bar ingredients in a mixing bowl and spread in a 15 x 10 x 2 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (You can also make this in a 13 x 9 baking pan for a cake instead of bars).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For topping whip the whipping cream adding brown sugar just before peaks form. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated.
Looking for another knock your socks off desert? Then try these cookies!
Flour Less Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Types of Earth-Friendly Materials Approved by Mother Nature - June 9, 2019
- Free Printable Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers - June 7, 2019
- Father’s Day Coupon Book Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- Fishing Gift Tags Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- LDS Temple Art to Print at Home - April 11, 2019
Leave a Reply