Getting the perfect hard boiled eggs is easy if you know the fool proof steps!
My kids love to dye Easter eggs, me…not so much. It’s very stressful to let small children handle semi-permanent, sometimes perma-permanent dye in my house. And yet, year after year we do this insane ritual…sometimes I try to do less messy options, but without fail my husband will pull out a dye kit and vinegar and the kids rejoice. If we are going to dye eggs, we need to have perfect hard boiled eggs don’t you agree?
I adore hard boiled eggs. I enjoy them on their own with a little salt and pepper, I like them sliced on a salad, I find them delightful in an egg salad sandwich and I am obsessed with deviled eggs! Yummmmm. Though who wants to eat a deviled egg that looks like it’s been down through H-E double hockey sticks? Not me! I don’t want my eggs to have purple insides and chunks missing from the outside. I want a creamy yellow filling in a smooth bed of white. That’s what I’m talking about!
I know that you can also get amazing results using your Instant Pot. But I also know a lot of people don’t have one, or sometimes you don’t want to pull it out. Then there are sometimes you have dinner cooking in it and want to cook up some deviled eggs to go with said dinner! 😉
Here is how I get perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Good luck I hope it works for you too! How do you like to eat hard boiled eggs?
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in pan and then fill with cold or room temp water, covering eggs completely.
- Set pan on stove uncovered and turn burner to high.
- Let water come to a rolling boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Cover pan.
- Set Timer for 15 minutes.
- When timer goes off, place pan in the sink and run cold water over eggs.
- Once eggs are cool they are ready to use!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Free Printable Halloween Bookmarks - September 17, 2018
- DIY No Sew Monster Trick or Treat Bags - September 14, 2018
- You’ve Been Boo’d Free Printable with Instructions - September 12, 2018
- Frankenstein’s Monster Surprise Ball - September 10, 2018
- Dracula Vampire Surprise Ball - September 7, 2018