Play this New Years Game with your kids while waiting for the ball to drop!
Here is a super fun game for your New Years party! These are the best for classrooms, church classes, family nights, and of course on any holiday when you are staying up until midnight and need something to pass the time with your kiddo’s! This is a great new years eve game to play with the whole family…and heck even with friends, you’ll be giggling when your friend nearly pees their pants when everyone screams “DON’T EAT PETE!!!”
In case you need a quick refresher on how to play, here are the rules:
Rules of the game Don’t Eat Pete:
- Choose one person to be “it” and they leave the room, or turn away.
- While they are gone, the remaining players quietly choose a square to be Pete and cover all squares with candy of choice.
- Call the other player back into the room.
- That player chooses one square at a time and eats the candy off the square, as long as it’s not Pete, the player keeps going.
- If the player takes the candy off of Pete, everyone yells “DON”T EAT PETE!” and that players turn is over.
- Choose a new person to be “it” and play continues until everyone has had a turn, or until you run out of candy!
I always make a 4×6 version in color that you can print off at your favorite photo processing place (mine is Costco), you can print a bunch for pennies and hand them out to your kid’s class or put in little goodie bags with a bag of candy as a party favor.
I also made a full size coloring sheet, I love printing these out for my church class and letting the kids color them and then play.
Print or Download the Games by signing up below!