Need a Valentine box for your child’s classroom exchange, want it to be cute…but more importantly want it to be easy? This monster Valentine box is exactly what you are looking for!
I wasn’t planning on sharing this, and so I didn’t take step by step photos. My son wanted a box to go with his Monster Valentines, and so I made it for him while he was at school. Kids could totally help though! It was so easy, I don’t think that step by step photos will be necessary. I can walk you through how I did it, and if you have any questions just leave me a comment or shoot me an email and I will do my best to answer!
Monster Valentine Box
- Cardboard box-I just used a large shoe box.
- Craft Knife
- Between 1/2-1 yard (or Meter) of Monster Fur Fabric I had some leftover blue fur from my monster Halloween bags from a couple years back. I got it at Jo-Ann with a coupon, so it was super inexpensive, you will need enough to cover your box. The size of the box you chose will determine the amount of fabric you will need.
- Construction paper
- Hello Name Tag Sticker
- Hot Glue
How to put together the valentine box:
- First, cut a smile out of the fabric with scissors (just a half moon shape), as high as you want it on your box.
- Then, line it up with the box and use a craft knife to cut the hole for the mouth into the cardboard. This is where the Valentine cards can be inserted.
- Next, wrap that fabric around the shoe box, glue it in the back and leave enough to fold over on the top of his head. If you want to be able to open it after without pulling it apart, you could leave the lid to the shoe box on the back and just glue the fur to the sides instead of all the way around. I was okay to pull it apart after since we weren’t keeping it.
- Then you can just cut out facial features, arms and hands out of the construction paper. This is something the kids could help with. Hot glue the pieces to the fur.
- Add the name tag.
When it’s all said and done, it is seriously cute and looks like it took a ton of work…when really it was just a matter of cutting out some simple shapes and gluing with the hot glue gun! Since it’s a monster, none of the features even have to be symmetrical! In fact it’s better if they aren’t!
Send this darling monster valentine box with your child and their cute Monster “Will you be my Boo” Valentine cards for a rock-star mom move!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Podcast Conversion and Testimony - March 19, 2019
- Leprechaun Gift Tags Better Luck Next Year - March 12, 2019
- Cute Rainbow Gift Tag Free Printable and Gift Ideas - March 12, 2019
- St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Free Printable Game - March 11, 2019
- Personalized Easter Buckets - March 10, 2019