My hubby and I have loved the “It’s Jake From State Farm” commercial from the first time we saw it. It is the answer to every knock knock joke; “Knock Knock.” “Who’s there?” “It’s Jake from State Farm.” Anytime somebody calls and we ask each other “who was that?” You can bet the answer 9 times out of 10 is, “It’s Jake from State Farm.” It has come close to replacing the “Your mom” phrase from our vocabulary, almost but not quite. 🙂 My hubby HATES dressing up for Halloween in anything elaborate, but when I asked him if he could don a red shirt, khakis and a name tag? “You bet!” Easiest costume ever, and I am going to make it a whole lot easier by showing you how I made the name tags with basic supplies, and giving you the free printable I created. Oh, and of course I will be wearing a Flo from Progressive costume to go with the theme of insurance pusher celebrities.
Last Minute Couples Costume
For the costumes themselves, like I said Jake from State Farm just wears a red shirt and khaki’s. (she sounds hideous). And for Flo, a white polo, white pants, some sneakers and a white apron with Progressive written across it. I ordered an apron from Cafe Press, but it won’t get here until mid next week, so I’ll have to hold off showing pics until I get that, but ya’ll know what Flo looks like right? You can totally purchase a cheap white apron and either write it across, paint it using a stencil, or if you have some iron on letters that would work great too!
*EDIT: Carol, a reader left me a comment letting me know that the Progressive logo can be found on their site to download on iron on paper to iron on an apron! Thanks for the tip! 🙂
Click here to download: Name tags
For the name tags you just need some basic supplies: printable, glue, glue gun (or duct tape), scissors, safety pins and cardboard.
- Cut out the name tags and the cardboard to fit underneath the name tag.
- Glue the name tag to the cardboard (I used Mod Podge but you could use a good glue stick or any glue)
- Use a hot glue gun or duct tape to attach the safety pin to the back of the cardboard.
- You crushed it! Pin them to your shirts and go to your Halloween party dressed to impress, and if you are like my husband, not feel uncomfortable in a crazy get up!
NOTE: I will add pictures of us wearing the costumes in the next couple days as we go to parties and what not. 🙂
Just in case you haven’t seen the Jake commercial, or just need to see it again, here it is!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Types of Earth-Friendly Materials Approved by Mother Nature - June 9, 2019
- Free Printable Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers - June 7, 2019
- Father’s Day Coupon Book Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- Fishing Gift Tags Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- LDS Temple Art to Print at Home - April 11, 2019