One of my favorite cereals is Honey Bunches of Oats.
Unfortunately, my husband and kids are also huge fans and were excited to try the new Honey Bunches of Oats Greek Honey Crunch. My husband finished off the box they sent us before I got home from my trip to Utah, so while I was there I bought a box for my kids to try out. My brother in law finished it off before they even knew it was in the pantry! I got home, bought yet another box and this time made sure all my kids got to try it. Suffice it to say that everyone who tried this cereal loved it. I can’t keep it on the shelf! It’s got those great crispy flakes and then the granola clusters made with Greek yogurt, they all just kept eating it until it was gone.
Luckily I was able to put aside enough to make these cookies. I LOVE cereal cookies…which if you haven’t ever made or tried you are missing out! The cereal just adds a great crunch that is unexpected, yet totally welcome in a cookie. I couldn’t think of a better cereal to add to a batch of cookies than Honey Bunches of Oats. My family inhaled the first batch, and then I brought a couple of dozen to the hospital where my husband works for his coworkers. I was very popular that day! In fact, one of the guys came over the next day to help Chad with his car and begged me to make more. Fortunately, I had a few left and was able to send him home a happy camper.
Make these cookies, they will help you win friends and influence people.
I think they are the key to world domination. 😉
Honey Bunches of Oats Greek
Cereal Cookies Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 T vanilla (or organic maple syrup which is what I used)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats Greek)
- Chocolate Chips (I used a couple cups, put more or less depending on what you like)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cream together eggs, butter, sugars and vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients together and add that to the wet ingredients
- Stir in oats, cereal and chocolate chips
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes
- Enjoy and share
- Take over the world (and make it cute of course)
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Types of Earth-Friendly Materials Approved by Mother Nature - June 9, 2019
- Free Printable Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers - June 7, 2019
- Father’s Day Coupon Book Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- Fishing Gift Tags Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- LDS Temple Art to Print at Home - April 11, 2019