Okay peeps, these are good. Flipping good. This is the kind of breakfast you want on special occasions like a birthday, or mother’s day…or a Wednesday. I love making these and bringing them to potluck brunches, they are always eaten up quick! My kids beg me to make these for all meals, not just breakfast. Have you made French toast sliders before? They have everything that makes breakfast good.
French Toast Sliders
I know I don’t need to go into detail on making French toast. You all know that you dip bread in eggs and cook it. Simple. It just takes on a different experience though when you make it into little bite sized sandwiches. For my sliders I head to Jimmy John’s and get some of their “day old” bread for 50 cents a loaf, it is amazing. If you are lucky enough to have one in your area, run and pick up like 4 loaves, and then you can make this for breakfast and my Italian Yum Sub for dinner!
After you fry up the toast, it’s time to make the sandwich! All it takes is some cream cheese and Canadian bacon. The cream cheese really adds a richness to this that makes me happy and gives me feelings of great comfort. Then you add Canadian bacon for added protein, salty goodness and flavor.
Then you sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops for prettiness and sweetness and it’s downright fancy right? But, you know me…I’m a dipper. Anything that can be dipped is on my favorites list, and these little yums can be dipped in syrup or jam and that makes me so, so happy! Yes I am 4 years old and I must dip in order to enjoy.
And enjoy I do.
French Toast Sliders
- Loaf of day old skinny bread…like a baguette, or a sub loaf cut into slices.
- Eggs (approx 2 per loaf)
- Butter for Pan
- Cream Cheese
- Canadian Bacon
- Optional* Powdered Sugar and Dips (Such as Jam or Maple Syrup)
- Heat pan up on stove over medium-high heat and place butter in pan to melt
- Whisk eggs together until combined
- Dip bread into eggs until well coated
- Fry bread on both sides until golden brown and all egg is cooked
- Spread cream cheese on bread and place a slice of Canadian Bacon or ham on top and then another piece of french toast to make a sandwich.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and dip in jam or maple syrup!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Types of Earth-Friendly Materials Approved by Mother Nature - June 9, 2019
- Free Printable Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers - June 7, 2019
- Father’s Day Coupon Book Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- Fishing Gift Tags Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- LDS Temple Art to Print at Home - April 11, 2019