So excited to put together some fun gift guides for you! My goal with these is to give you some great gift ideas that I have personally tried or have been dying to try…all without adding a lot of clutter. These gift ideas are all about family games that are some of our absolute favorites. We are a big game playing family, and all of our friends are always asking for game suggestions, so I thought this would be a fun way to gather up our favorites. Give these to your own families or as neighbor, family or friend gifts. Which of these have you played and love too?
Family Games Gift Ideas
- Sequence– This is a fun card/board game that you play in teams or on your own. I love playing in teams, you have to get a sequence of cards in a row with your teammate without discussing anything. It’s an easy game to learn and super fun to play. For 2-12 players, ages 7 & up.
- Tenzi– Have you played this before? Such a fun game to play…and a little stressful! It’s a speed game most of the time, but the cards give you different challenges each time. You just read the instructions and roll the dice, first one to complete the challenge wins that round. This set comes with enough dice for 6 players, but you can play with as many players as you have dice for. (Each player needs 10 dice).
- Mexican Train Dominoes– This is one of our favorite games to play with the kids, and an easy one to pick up. With this double 12 set, and the train piece you can play up to 7 people with the Mexican Train line. It comes with 4 trains, so we just use pennies for the extra players. If you haven’t played before, it’s a strategy game of matching dots together and it’s a lot of fun!
- Five Crowns– A super fun rummy style card game (if rummy isn’t your game, think Phase 10) that has a different wild card each hand. We love this game, because even if you’re losing the whole time, you can still come out a winner when the kings go wild, it’s happened many a time! This is one of those games that we play a couple hands a night and finish one game in about a week. Love those ongoing games! 1-7 players (has a solitaire version) ages 8+.
- Rack-o– This fun game is for 2-4 players and is fun for ages, I would say 6+, the box says 8+ but if your child knows sequential order of numbers they can play this game. My second grader can kick my trash at this game and has been able to for quite some time. My husband and I also play this after date nights a lot, seriously a fun game for kids and adults. Only complaint is that it is only four players and so when my whole family wants to play we have to take turns.
- Telestrations– Another game that the age on the box is a little off in my opinion. The box says 12+ but we all play and my youngest is 7 and it’s his most requested game. It’s a telephone type game where everyone draws their clues and then passes the drawing around until it comes back to the original “artist”. It’s hilarious to see what people come up with, and what you end up with. No drawing skills needed, in fact, bad artists make the game more fun. 🙂
- Exploding Kittens– With three boys under the age of 12 in my house it’s no surprise that a game about exploding kittens, laser beams and sometimes goats is a hit. This is a card game that is so ridiculous that you just have to laugh. It’s easy to play and all about getting everyone else to explode before you do. The original box has enough for 2-5 players, but you can buy the expansion pack, Imploding Kittens, that makes it a 6 player. Ages 7+.
- Rummikub– This is a favorite for my husband and I that we regularly play with my older kids and other couples. It’s a fun tile rummy game that I am really, really good at! Ha! If you like Phase 10, you will like this game. Rummikub is a four player game, ages 8+.
- Sleeping Queens– This is a cute card game that my kids all love. It’s for ages 8+ and for 2-5 players. There are dragons, knights and sleeping queens that need to be awakened by kings… It’s a little confusing at first, but once you’ve played a couple times, it’s a lot of fun.
- Disney Pictopia– For all those Disney fans, this is a fun game that the whole family will love. Each card has four pictures on it, with Disney trivia on animated classics, movies, tv shows and theme parks. We have a lot of Disney games and this is one we reach for over and over.
—I created these Gift Guides to help give you fun ideas for gift giving. I’ve tried to include a variety of priced items. These are things I found that I think would make some fun gifts. Affiliate links are included.
Be sure to check out my other Holiday Gift Guides:
Gift Guide For Her for all the ladies in your life!
Gift Guide For Him for all the guys in your life!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Elf Quote Christmas Cheer Gift Idea with Free Printable - December 11, 2018
- Flipping Love You Gift Idea-Best Neighbor Gift Ideas - December 11, 2018
- Friend or Neighbor Blanket Gift Idea with Free Printable Tag - December 11, 2018
- Chips and Salsa Neighbor Gift - December 10, 2018
- Come Follow Me 2019; Family and Individual Printable Study Helps - December 5, 2018