Are you struggling with cleaning the house with kids? Maybe trying a punch card system will work for you!
Do your kids whine and cry every time you tell them to straighten their room, take care of their pet or unload the dishwasher?
Wouldn’t it just be easier to clean the house yourself?
Absolutely, it would…but you would all be missing out on something pretty cool. If you are struggling to get your kids on board, it might just be a matter of you working beside them. Kids for the most part want to be helpful, and want to spend time with you. When you make cleaning the house with kids the norm, instead of pleading, yelling and screaming at them to do their jobs…you might be amazed at how helpful your kids really are.
When you clean as a family, kids take more responsibility for the home, they realize why keeping the home clean is important and you are teaching them valuable life skills. The key is to clean together, working beside them and giving them age appropriate jobs for when they do need to work solo.
For those times a little incentive never hurts!
Do you love loyalty cards? Isn’t it fun to get a full punch card and get a free drink, sandwich, or whatever the incentive is? Kids are no different! They love watching the card get fuller and claiming their reward at the end! Punch cards are a great way (and easy to keep up with) to help kids get excited about doing their chores.
Cleaning the house with kids
What this looks like in my house:
- Get Ready (eat breakfast, clear their own dish, brush their teeth, get dressed, make their bed and make sure their rooms are straightened)
- Read for 20 minutes + homework
- Do their own age appropriate job (unloading the dishwasher, take out the trash, and clean up the living room)
- Help mom with the job of the day
- Extra punches for good deeds, or extra jobs (mom and dad’s discretion)
Allowance for Chores
You can also download the blank version to change the graphics, amounts, or use them for something else entirely!
Print the free punch cards by entering your email below!
Let me know if you try this out, I would love to hear your stories.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 3 Types of Earth-Friendly Materials Approved by Mother Nature - June 9, 2019
- Free Printable Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrappers - June 7, 2019
- Father’s Day Coupon Book Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- Fishing Gift Tags Free Printable - June 7, 2019
- LDS Temple Art to Print at Home - April 11, 2019