Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn sprinkled with my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs? Oh yes!
Okay, this stuff is dang addicting! I was wanting some sweet popcorn and I was thinking about muddy buddies and BAM! I knew I needed to merge the two into something wonderful and a little bit Eastery (although you could definitely leave out the eggs and eat it plain or add a different kind of candy to it).
It’s messy stuff, so I wouldn’t recommend eating it in front of a movie with your kids, unless you set up a movie screen in the backyard, then by all means pass the bowl around!
DIY Gift Bags
I made some cute mini gift bags to hold the popcorn in. These would be super cute lined up at an Easter party table! Or hand them out to teachers, friends and everyone else to make their day a bit yummier!
If you want to make your own gift bags, I love using this fun gift bag punch board from We R Memory Keepers. You can make different sizes and use up your fun scrapbook papers and wrapping paper to customize for the event.
My only complaint is that I wish it made bigger bags, you can make different sizes, but even the largest bag is still a smallish gift bag. They are PERFECT for treat bags, jewelry, perfume, lotions, gift cards, scarves, sunglasses…pretty much a gift any girl would love to get! I made the small size for these, and because the popcorn is so sweet, it was the perfect amount.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 9 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- *Optional: 1 10 oz bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs
- In a large bowl or pot set aside popped popcorn
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir until well combined.
- *Add in candy and stir until well mixed.
- Place popcorn into gallon sized Ziploc bags with the powdered sugar and shake until coated.
- Allow to cool on wax paper or sheet pans and store in an airtight container.
If you LOVE Cadbury Mini Eggs too, you must try these Magic Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookie Bars!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 8 Non Candy Valentines Printable Cards for Kids - January 7, 2019
- Easy Monster Valentine Box for Classroom Exchanges - January 5, 2019
- Goals Worksheet Free Printable How Do You Want to Feel? - January 1, 2019
- Podcast New Years Episode How to Set Goals - January 1, 2019
- New Years Eve Printable Pack - December 28, 2018