You’ve decked the halls and fa la la la’d all month long, but now you’re just ready to take it all down. How do you transition from Christmas to winter decor?
Taking down Christmas is super overwhelming, especially if you have totes and totes of decor like I do. Here are my top five tips for transitioning from Christmas to winter decor.
Christmas to Winter Decor
- Leave out the white and perhaps metallic colors like silver.
- Keep any natural elements…think pine cones or branches. Do not think giant tree in your living room, that is Christmas, take it down.
- Less is more. After all the (albeit beautiful) clutter of Christmas, it is perfectly wonderful to only have a few things out for a few weeks to give you, and your house some space to breathe.
- A little something shiny goes a long way. I love putting out mirrors and my giant disco ball to reflect the light in the house for the few hours that we have it! Plus the sparkle it puts all over the walls and ceiling is extra fun!
- Textures make your home feel cozy. Pull out a chunky knit blanket and put it in a woven basket, display some logs in a crate or metal rack or cover an ottoman with a bit of fur. Again, a little goes a long way!
This is the first year I had a fake (and gloriously beautiful) tree as my main tree. See my White Christmas Home Tour to see my decor. The tree was from Tree Classics, and they also sent me this fun rolling Christmas Tree bag to store it in.
You can actually keep the tree on the stand and the bag tucks in making it’s own little skirt that I for sure will do next year since I used my galvanized tin tree ring. Then once Christmas is over and you take the ornaments off, you just pull the bag up!
Then you can roll your tree into storage until next year. Super easy to use, and next year, you can just unzip the sides and pull the bag down, ready to decorate in minutes! You can get your own Deluxe Rolling Christmas Tree Bag on sale right now. I am storing mine in my garage right now, but am thinking I may need to have my husband build me a decorations closet, complete with hooks to hang all of my wreaths…that’s a thing right? 😉
I hope all of your Christmas to winter decor transitions go smoothly and that you can enjoy this time of year for all the fresh starts and goal setting that it provides.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Sunshine Gift Tags Free Printable - June 26, 2018
- Patriotic Party featuring Peanuts - June 22, 2018
- 5 Totally New Cute Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift Ideas - April 24, 2018
- Teacher Appreciation Food Gift Idea Pho with Panta Printable - April 24, 2018
- Coloring Book Gift Idea and Thank You Gift Tags - April 19, 2018