Need a fun idea for the kids table? This Thanksgiving Don’t Eat Pete is perfect to keep the kids entertained while they’re waiting for the main course.
Thanksgiving Don’t Eat Pete
Thanksgiving is next week, and if you are like me you will be cooking dinner and trying to keep kids out of from under foot for a good portion of the day! Our Halloween Don’t Eat Pete game was such a hit with my kids and a lot of your kids that I knew I needed to make one for Thanksgiving too!
For Halloween I printed out the 4×6 colored versions as photos at Costco and handed them out at the trunk or treat we went to. A lot of teachers downloaded those for their classes and handed them out with a bag of m&m’s to take home. For this one, I printed out the coloring page version because that means my kids will be spending even more time with it! They can color the simple pictures for a while and then I will bring out the candies and let them play.
If you don’t love the idea of coloring the game board, then the colored version is a great way to go. If you teach a class at church, or at a school, kids LOVE this game…although it can get a little noisy. There are a couple kids who get a little scared when everyone yells, “Don’t Eat PETE!”, but for the most part this is a game you can play with all ages. 🙂
Here is a reminder of the rules:
Rules of the game Don’t Eat Pete:
- Choose one person to be “it” and they leave the room, or turn away.
- While they are gone, the remaining players quietly choose a square to be Pete and cover all squares with candy of choice.
- Call the other player back into the room.
- That player chooses one square at a time and eats the candy off the square, as long as it’s not Pete, the player keeps going.
- If the player takes the candy off of Pete, everyone yells “DON”T EAT PETE!” and that players turn is over.
- Choose a new person to be “it” and play continues until everyone has had a turn, or until you run out of candy!
What is your favorite activity for your kids on Thanksgiving?
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 6 Totally Cute Surprise Ball Gift Ideas - August 8, 2018
- Shark Surprise Ball with Free Printable - August 6, 2018
- Sunshine Gift Tags Free Printable - June 26, 2018
- Patriotic Party featuring Peanuts - June 22, 2018
- 5 Totally New Cute Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift Ideas - April 24, 2018