I LOVE finding a cute mason jar snowglobe on Pinterest right now, I like the real ones with water and the faux ones without. I’m not picky, I think they are all so festive and clever, also…so cute!
I love these GIANT gallon size mason jars and I grabbed a few to help organize my pantry. I think they are just so cute, and they make great canisters. Making a mason jar snowglobe was just the thing to do with these if you want to be crafty, and it turned out BEAUTIFUL!
Giant Faux Mason Jar Snowglobe
First gather your supplies:
- Giant gallon size mason jar
- glitter Mod Podge
- glue gun
- fishing line
- winter decoration
You will need a cute winter decoration to put in your jar. I chose one of my Willow Tree angels that I love. You could pick out anything though, a small house, a family photo, some bottlebrush trees, an ornament you love, some pine cones or other find from nature…you have lots of space, so you have lots of options!
Place your item in the jar and fill to your desired height with poly-pellets.
Cut out snowflakes and paint with the glitter Mod Podge. Use a hot glue gun to attach your snowflakes to the string, cutting them to your desired length. I wanted them to look like they were falling around the angel so I did them pretty long. Finally just tape them to the inside of the lid and put it on. Twist until you like where they fall.
My kids had to help me remember a bit how to make a snowflake, so I thought I would include that here too! My snowflakes ended up being about 2″. I just folded the paper and cut it into strips before I started. This will work with any size paper.
- Fold your paper into a triangle, and cut off any excess.
- You should have an even square. Fold back into the triangle.
- Fold in half to make a smaller triangle.
- Fold in half again.
- Using scissors cut out tiny little shapes and designs.
- Unfold your snowflake!
I am in love with this! It makes such a great statement! Perfect for a mantel or table centerpiece!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 6 Totally Cute Surprise Ball Gift Ideas - August 8, 2018
- Shark Surprise Ball with Free Printable - August 6, 2018
- Sunshine Gift Tags Free Printable - June 26, 2018
- Patriotic Party featuring Peanuts - June 22, 2018
- 5 Totally New Cute Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift Ideas - April 24, 2018