Expressions Vinyl challenged myself and some other fun bloggers to create some Christmas tree ornaments. I made these dinosaur Christmas Ornaments and had so much fun!
Sometimes I feel like a loser mom. Tell me I’m not the only one who feels like they just don’t do enough fun things for their kids! I know Christmas is all about the children, but when decorating my house I am totally guilty of decorating for me…and Instagram worthy pictures.
This year for Christmas I decided to put a tree in my boys room that was JUST for them. The boys love dinosaurs, so when I was challenged to use Expressions Vinyl on some DIY Christmas Ornaments…dinosaurs had to happen. I surprised them with it and they absolutely love it!
This was a fun challenge! Here’s how to make the dinosaur Christmas ornaments!
Dinosaur Christmas Ornaments
- Expressions Vinyl Christmas Theme Pack
- Wood Slats (I got these at Michaels in the wood craft area)
- Mini Santa Hats
- Toy Dinosaurs
- Mini White Poms
- Cotton Ball
- Glue and Glue Gun
- Scissors and Hole Punch
- Black Paint
- Sanding Block
For the Christmas Dinosaurs, just hot glue their hats on. This picture totally cracks me up, like they are all at a work Christmas party or something. Hahaha! 🙂
To make the Funny Dinosaur Christmas Ornaments:
- Cut out vinyl dinosaurs, Santa hats and dinosaur Christmas quotes with your electronic cutter. (I used my Silhouette Cameo)
- Punch hole into wood slat.
- Paint the wood slats black and let dry.
- Sand to give the vinyl something to stick to.
- Add vinyl dinosaurs.
- Add vinyl Santa hats.
- Hot glue a pom on the end of the hat.
- Pull a little piece of cotton ball off and use white glue to make the brim of Santa’s hat.
- Put the dinosaur quotes onto transfer paper and weed off the excess.
- Transfer the quote on top of the dinosaur.
- Use ribbon to tie the Dinosaur Christmas Ornament onto the tree.
Set up all of your dinosaur ornaments and giggle at their cuteness.
To decorate the tree, just stick the dinosaurs in and hang the tags. For the topper I used a small Santa hat.
How’s that for a non-loserish mom thing to do? Ha! Gotta get my mom points where I can.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Sunshine Gift Tags Free Printable - June 26, 2018
- Patriotic Party featuring Peanuts - June 22, 2018
- 5 Totally New Cute Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift Ideas - April 24, 2018
- Teacher Appreciation Food Gift Idea Pho with Panta Printable - April 24, 2018
- Coloring Book Gift Idea and Thank You Gift Tags - April 19, 2018