I love fruit pizza…but making a miniature deconstructed fruit pizza might just be even better!
I remember the first time I had fruit pizza. I was a newlywed at my new sister-in-laws house for a Pampered Chef party. She brought out the pizza stone with a fruit pizza on it, and served us each a slice. Let’s just say I ended up with a new favorite treat…and a pizza stone.
I made these deconstructed fruit pizza’s for an Easter Bunny Brunch party I styled. I love serving miniature versions of full size desserts. It makes you feel better about eating them…and then you can eat more right? That’s my reasoning any way! Not to mention, miniature is adorable!
Deconstructed Fruit Pizza
You can make these as easy as buying store bought sugar cookies and cream cheese frosting…or you can make the sugar cookies and frosting.
Here is my sugar cookie recipe that I use (it makes a soft and super delicious cookie). The cream cheese frosting is just the right amount of sweet and tangy!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 3 1/4 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sift together the first three ingredients into a bowl (flour, baking soda, salt).
- In a seperate mixing bowl cream together next four ingredients for 2 minutes (butter, sugar, egg, vanilla).
- Add sour cream and 1/2 of sifted dry ingredients, beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick on lightly powdered sugared surface (don’t use flour unless you really want to, powdered sugar keeps the cookies sweet and works just as well).
- Cut with cutters (I just use a glass for my circles).
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 c. sifted confectioners sugar
Combine all ingredients and let chill at least 30 min. before frosting
Then you just need assorted fruit; I use strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
Watch the video here, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos like this!