Expressions Vinyl challenged myself and some other fun bloggers to create some Christmas tree ornaments. I made these dinosaur Christmas Ornaments and had so much fun! I hope you go and check all of them out and be sure to vote for your favorite (mine is #15) and be entered to win $100 gift card to EV! Details below!
Sometimes I feel like a loser mom. Tell me I’m not the only one who feels like they just don’t do enough fun things for their kids! I know Christmas is all about the children, but when decorating my house I am totally guilty of decorating for me…and Instagram worthy pictures.
This year for Christmas I decided to put a tree in my boys room that was JUST for them. The boys love dinosaurs, so when I was challenged to use Expressions Vinyl on some DIY Christmas Ornaments…dinosaurs had to happen. I surprised them with it and they absolutely love it!
This was a fun challenge, and I love to be included with all these other fun bloggers! Just check out all this talent!Here’s how to make the dinosaur Christmas ornaments!
Dinosaur Christmas Ornaments
- Expressions Vinyl Christmas Theme Pack
- Wood Slats (I got these at Michaels in the wood craft area)
- Mini Santa Hats
- Toy Dinosaurs
- Mini White Poms
- Cotton Ball
- Glue and Glue Gun
- Scissors and Hole Punch
- Black Paint
- Sanding Block
For the Christmas Dinosaurs, just hot glue their hats on.
To make the Funny Dinosaur Christmas Ornaments:
- Cut out vinyl dinosaurs, Santa hats and dinosaur Christmas quotes with your electronic cutter. (I used my Silhouette Cameo)
- Punch hole into wood slat.
- Paint the wood slats black and let dry.
- Sand to give the vinyl something to stick to.
- Add vinyl dinosaurs.
- Add vinyl Santa hats.
- Hot glue a pom on the end of the hat.
- Pull a little piece of cotton ball off and use white glue to make the brim of Santa’s hat.
- Put the dinosaur quotes onto transfer paper and weed off the excess.
- Transfer the quote on top of the dinosaur.
- Use ribbon to tie the Dinosaur Christmas Ornament onto the tree.
Set up all of your dinosaur ornaments and giggle at their cuteness.
To decorate the tree, just stick the dinosaurs in and hang the tags. For the topper I used a small Santa hat.
How’s that for a non-loserish mom thing to do? Ha! Gotta get my mom points where I can.
To see all the other ornaments using Expressions Vinyl and to vote for your favorites go HERE.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Cactus Teacher Gift Free Printable Tags - April 14, 2017
- Movie Teacher Appreciation Ideas Free Printable Tag - April 13, 2017
- Now and Later Candy Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift - April 12, 2017
- Sharpie Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas - April 11, 2017
- Apple Teacher Appreciation Gift Tags to Print - April 10, 2017