These pumpkin bars are simply the best pumpkin dessert recipe you will make this fall. I stand by that.
Let us “Give Thanks” for Pumpkin Bars. Now I’m sure many of you are asking, “Can there really be ANOTHER recipe for pumpkin bars”? And to all of you, I say, “ABSOLUTELY”! As a matter of fact, this one completely trumps all other pumpkin bars in the pumpkin bar world and is my go to, take anywhere, make anytime, get asked for the recipe every time kind of pumpkin bar. I just recently made them for my piano recital and they were the first out of four desserts to be wiped clean from the tray. One dad finally had to walk away after having FOUR of these pumpkin bars.
What’s not to love about a light, moist pumpkin bar covered with a brown sugared whipped topping? Not only are they incredibly delicious but you won’t even believe that they don’t have any butter or oil in them. So don’t delay. Take a chance and make these “not your average” pumpkin bars TODAY! If you’ve been assigned to bring a dessert to Thanksgiving dinner this is it.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla pudding (instant)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Brown Sugar Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (make sure there are no lumps in the sugar)
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- Combine all pumpkin bar ingredients in a mixing bowl and spread in a 15 x 10 x 2 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (You can also make this in a 13 x 9 baking pan for a cake instead of bars).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For topping whip the whipping cream adding brown sugar just before peaks form. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated.
Try these other delicious dessert recipes…
Latest posts by Amber Wadsworth (see all)
- Free Printable Football Baby Gender Reveal Invitations - February 7, 2017
- Give the Cutest Tattoo Valentine Cards this Year - February 1, 2017
- How to Make a Giant Gender Reveal Pinata - January 19, 2017
- How To Throw An Amazing Football Baby Gender Reveal Party - January 17, 2017
- How to Make Easy and Delicious Hawaiian Coconut Syrup - December 12, 2016