You guys…this is the FIRST year that my kids are in school and get to hand out Valentines. I know some of you probably hate this tradition, but I am really excited to make a Valentine box and have my kids write names on all of their little cards. Of course I had to make my own free Valentine printables and when I realized I hadn’t done a Valentine Don’t Eat Pete my jaw may have literally dropped. How have I missed this holiday when I have about every other holiday made?!? It’s crazy sauce!
You guys have all played this game right? If not here is a refresher on the rules…
RULES OF THE GAME DON’T EAT PETE:
- Choose one person to be “it” and they leave the room, or turn away.
- While they are gone, the remaining players quietly choose a square to be Pete and cover all squares with candy of choice.
- Call the other player back into the room.
- That player chooses one square at a time and eats the candy off the square, as long as it’s not Pete, the player keeps going.
- If the player takes the candy off of Pete, everyone yells “DON”T EAT PETE!” and that players turn is over.
- Choose a new person to be “it” and play continues until everyone has had a turn, or until you run out of candy!
The kids love to play…although some younger kids get scared when everyone yells, but those same kids seem to yell the loudest when it’s not their turn, ha! They love to be the scarers, just not the scaree!
Because I wanted to hand these out in my kids’ classroom this year I made several different versions. I really like the coloring page versions for a couple reasons, first of all the kids get an added bonus of getting to color them, and second, they are easier on the printer if you are printing at home, or making a bunch of copies you have to pay for.
First I made these coloring sheet ones, four to a sheet that I am handing out in the classes with some fun size packs of m&m’s.
I also made a full size Don’t Eat Pete Valentine coloring sheet.
The color ones are great if you are doing a classroom party and just need a few.
I printed off one of the big ones for us to play at home.
The little ones would also be super cute to hand out to friends and are a little more bright and vibrant. I didn’t add a to and from on the card because the m&m’s have a spot to write that…and I didn’t want to make the game any smaller. If you don’t hand them out with the candy that has the spot for names, you could totally just write on the back. 🙂
I also made a 4×6 version in color if you want to print them at a photo center.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- DIY Easter Bunny Wreath to Cuten Up Your Front Door - March 27, 2017
- Mermaid or Fisherman Gender Reveal Party - March 15, 2017
- St Patrick’s Day Printable Set | So So So Lucky to Have You - March 13, 2017
- Super CUTE St Patricks Day Mantel Ideas - March 7, 2017
- Easy Dinner Idea! Buddha Bowls to Satisfy Everyone - March 1, 2017