This is one of my favorite projects that I made for my boys Bunk Room…and it was so simple! These DIY picture hanger boards can hold any free printable, photograph or poster and add a super fun element to your room. I LOVE these prints that I found on Rae Ann Kelly and probably won’t change them out…but I could if I wanted to super easily.
DIY Picture Hanger Board
- Primed 1×2 (called furring strips)
- Scrapbook Paper in your choice of pattern, this plaid is my favorite, I found it in a paper pack called Lewis Family Holiday by the Paper Studio. I used this pack EVERYWHERE in the boys room! I found it at Hobby Lobby, I haven’t seen it anywhere else, so if you see it somewhere leave me a comment! I couldn’t find it online to share a direct link.
The furring strips I found by the base boards at The Home Depot, they are 1×2 and super inexpensive and primed to paint. You could also use just plain furring strips found in the lumber. I did not paint mine because I wanted them to look a little beat up and rustic…but I also wanted them white. These were literally perfect for what I had in mind! I cut 2 pieces at 15″ each.
Then I cut my strips of scrapbook paper to the right size to fit on top of the board. I centered it and used Mod Podge to adhere it.
Next I just took regular clothespins, a hot glue gun and a ruler. They need to be about 8 inches apart if you plan on hanging regular 8.5×11 sheets of paper or 8×10’s. I measured from inside edges of both.
I hot glued them so that the opening of the clothespin opens below the board. That way you can see the design of the paper still.
Find some cute printables and print them out, and then nail them to the wall. I used my nail gun, and just put those right in. Seriously cute, seriously easy!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- DIY Easter Bunny Wreath to Cuten Up Your Front Door - March 27, 2017
- Mermaid or Fisherman Gender Reveal Party - March 15, 2017
- St Patrick’s Day Printable Set | So So So Lucky to Have You - March 13, 2017
- Super CUTE St Patricks Day Mantel Ideas - March 7, 2017
- Easy Dinner Idea! Buddha Bowls to Satisfy Everyone - March 1, 2017