I love pretty cakes and cupcakes. I feel like a well manicured dessert can make a potluck feel like a catered event. Over the years I’ve made my share of cakes, mostly from boxes, and even growing up I was always the designated cake decorator for the family birthday cakes. I’ve even tried gumpaste flowers and fondant a few times, with moderate success. But, alas, I’m no cake savant. I lack one basic skill that seemingly every other person can pull off flawlessly. I can’t write in frosting.
It may be that I can’t write legibly at all, frosting or not. It may be that I can’t keep the pressure even and my words look gloppy. It is simply something I’ve accepted that I can’t do.
What I CAN do, is make pretty printables.
Baby Shower Cupcake Flags
So, for an upcoming baby shower, I decided to play to my strengths. Who needs a big ol’ cake with fancy writing? Cupcakes means more flavors, more options, and more importantly – baby shower flags to decorate. No one will even miss that pretty piping!!
Making these flags is super easy, and the result looks like you spent hours. The final look is so posh, so sophisticated- this technique would be awesome for a birthday party! The possibilities are endless! I’ve made the printable with “It’s a Girl” and “It’s a Boy” versions, obviously for baby showers. But, if you’re looking for something more custom, check out the DIY cupcake flag template I made at Saynotsweetanne.com!
What You Need:
- This Free Printable
How to Make Them:
- First, print off the printable on a nice white paper.
- Cut out the flags, except the side edges, we’ll cut those after it’s glued.
- Fold the flags in half, and secure the toothpick in the middle with some glue.
- Cut a notch into the end of the flag to make a pennant.
- Done! Pop these babies (pun intended) into some beautiful cupcakes, and wow everyone!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017