When I started eating a healthier Paleo diet I thought that my Baby Cakes donut maker was going out to pasture, but luckily there are lots of yummy recipes out there that still make it a useful little gadget to keep around! I found this gluten free donut recipe over at Smashed Peas & Carrots, and I love Maggie and all of her recipes, so I knew this one would be a hit!
I have made these a couple of times and have only modified them slightly. They are really light and fluffy, and I have found they make the perfect fondue dipper. They don’t have a huge amount of sweetness, just a bit, so dipping them in chocolate is a perfect match.
Paleo Coconut Donuts
- 1/2 c. of coconut flour
- 1/2 c. of melted coconut oil, or grass fed butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- *optional 2-3 TB cocoa for a chocolate version
- *optional 1 cup of melted Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips for “icing”
- Cream the oil and honey together.
- Add in vanilla and one egg at a time.
- Using a sifter, slowly add in coconut flour and baking soda. (I have found that sifting makes a huge difference in the texture of my recipes when I use coconut flour)
- Pour batter into a zipper storage bag, zip and cut off the tip.
- Squeeze batter (it will be thicker) into donut maker, close and wait for your donuts to be done!
- If you want to have icing on them dip them into the melted chocolate chips and put them on a plate to cool…
- …enjoy once cooled, or enjoy your paleo coconut donuts hot, just don’t burn your tongue!
Try this too!
- Sub out coconut flour for 1 cup almond flour, and instead of using 5 eggs, only use 3. I really liked this modification when I make the chocolate donuts. Yum.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017