Lets face it, in February I made (healthy) treats all month long (too many).
I know I just talked about giving up attachments a couple days ago, but no woman needs to give up her attachment to chocolate-that is something I will preach about.
TRY THIS RECIPE from Sweetly Raw. You will not regret it. I think I whipped it up in maybe five minutes and I have had people asking me for it left and right so, here you go:
Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes one 8″ cake
- 1-cup raw almonds
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼-1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1-teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoon water, as needed
- Grind the almonds in a food processor.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process to combine into crust.
- If mixture is too crumbly and dry, add a little water
- Press into the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Set aside.
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight in a bowl of water then strained)
- 2/3 cup raw organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup organic cacao powder (you want raw organic cacao-the healthiest stuff. Not the junk you buy at the grocery store)
- 1-tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
*For the coconut oil, butter and cacao; you can buy the highest quality and most healthy at rawguru.com, my favorite place to order the best!
- Blend all but the oil and butter until smooth and creamy in a high-speed blender.
- Add the last 2 ingredients and blend again to incorporate. The mixture is thick.
- Pour over the crust.
- Set in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Top with fresh strawberries &/or coconut flakes.
*Tip: Soaking all your nuts and grains overnight before you eat them helps break down the outer layer so the body can digest them and use their nutrients a lot easier. In this case, soaking the cashews made the cheesecake a lot smoother.
[vCitaContact type=contact width=500 height=450]