If you remember from a few weeks ago, I told you I am going post a challenge pose every 3 weeks when I write, and it is your job (if you choose) to perfect that pose and slowly find balance and love in every aspect of your life. I will walk you through this pose step by step. Take it slow, and remember to breathe.
(or Eka Pada Rajakapotasana)
Type of pose: hip opener
Benefits: Stretches the thighs, groin, back and psoas. Opens the chest and shoulders.
Everyone needs a good hip opener so the best way to get into this pose is from Downward Facing Dog:
Then raise one leg into the air.
Bring the knee through.
Bring the foot to the opposite edge of the mat and relax into that hip, making sure your hips are square and you’re feeling a good stretch. Remember to breath!
The more flexible you are, the further away your heel will be from your groin, if its too much of a stretch, move your foot closer to your groin. Take it down onto your elbows…
…or all the way down relaxing into the pose and breathing. Hold here for several breaths and repeat on the other side!
If you want to challenge yourself further you can take it into Mermaid:
Or King Pigeon:
You can even take Pigeon in an arm balance!
But we’ll save that for another day… 🙂
[vCitaContact type=contact width=500 height=450]
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017