Well hello again everyone! Who doesn’t love a birthday? I look forward to mine for weeks ahead. Mine is a week before Christmas though, so sometimes it gets lost. Not anymore! You know I love a good countdown- I make so many of them! But this one is special. Its my first ever with that neato stick-up banner. And, its not a countdown to a national holiday, its a birthday countdown!!
I can just see this as a classroom project, or placed on a child’s dresser weeks before the big day. What a great way to drum up excitement!
What You Need:
- Download the Free PDF and print it
- Scissors, glue/tape
How To Make It:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock. Be sure to cut out the birthday banner on the dotted lines, and to use a craft knife to cut the BOLD line on the sleeve box.
- Cut out the designs along the solid lines.
- Score along all of the fold lines. Fold and crease them.
- For the first numbered block, glue the tab near the number 8 face to the edge of the 1 face. For the next, glue the tab near the 3 face to the 0 face. (Pictured here with my Woodland Christmas Countdown)
- Fold in the other sides, and glue the top and bottom shut.
- For the outer sleeve/box, fold so that the letter A touches A, B touches B and so on. Use a dab of glue to hold these tabs together. Let dry.
- Glue the tabs to the short side of the box, to create a flush inside space for the blocks. Let dry
- Place blocks in sleeve, and the banner in the slit on the top of the sleeve box!