I am all sweetened out after the holidays and all of these birthdays we have had the past few weeks! The favorite treat in our house is brownies, and so for the three birthdays that we had in the past two weeks I made brownies for all three. For my birthday I made a yummy Paleo brownie, but my husband thought they were too dark and not sweet enough. So I went to work making brownies that would be sweet enough for my husband to tolerate, but also not have flour so that I could eat them without wanting to die! I found the perfect combination and the reviews have been outstanding! We had these for both my daughters and my husbands birthday and no one could have guessed that they were flourless. Now these are not healthy, and I don’t suggest you eat them every night, but if you want a gluten free treat for a special occasion, these fit the bill nicely! The only thing that was different about them then the regular flour filled kind, were that these were better! Chewy and fudgy with just the right amount of that crispy top that you want out of a brownie.
Gluten Free Brownies
Flourless Brownies Recipe
- 4 oz chocolate (use a good quality, I used the Traders Joe dark chocolate bar…the one that comes in a pound size for $5-this will make 4 batches of brownies, not bad!)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375, and butter an 8×8 pan, bottom and top.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double broiler, (or in a bowl over a barely simmering pot of water) remove and add the other ingredients in the following order;
- Sift in cocoa powder, and whisk in.
- Whisk in sugar and then eggs.
- Pour into buttered pan and bake in middle of oven for 25 minutes.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017