Oh how I love me cakey pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but all the recipes I have found for a Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookie have left MUCH to be desired. They are crumbly, and dry and well…you need a glass of milk to get them down. Problem. Milk is not part of a paleo diet. So after some tweaking and testing, I finally got the recipe down to get that delicious soft and cake like consistency that I was looking for. These are good. Really good!I am usually not a fan of coconut flour desserts unless they have some almond flour mixed in there, but I’ve learned the trick. You MUST sift the flour and be sure to have plenty of wet ingredients, otherwise the coconut flour sucks out all the moisture and gives it a strange blah flavor.Also, I know this recipe calls for butter, I did not make it with coconut oil, I know it seems strange since I talk it up all the time! I think with the flour and the oil it would take away from the spice flavor I was going for. So if you aren’t using butter you can use coconut oil if you want, let me know how it tastes!
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat Oven to 350.
Wet Ingredients: Mix all of these in your stand mixer or with a handheld until they are all incorporated.
- 3/4 cup honey (Raw; you could also use organic maple syrup, I just didn’t have any)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 egg
Dry Ingredients: SIFT all of these ingredients into a small bowl and then add to your wet ingredients and mix well.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
Chocolate Chips: After well mixed, mix in your chips.
- 1 cup of EnjoyLife chocolate chips
- Optional: My kids love Craisins, so I threw in a 1/2 cup, and a 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead to the second batch I made-they gobbled them up.
- I used a cookie scoop for my bite size tasty morsels.
- Bake on parchment paper or a silpat for approx 18 minutes.
- Cool on Wire Rack.
- If you use a small cookie scoop you should get nearly 3 dozen small cookies..