I’m Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings I post about all thing crafty, delicious, and bookish. I also run an Etsy shop where I sell handmade baby clothes and fan stuff for YA reader and I love helping people learn the ropes of Etsy. I am so trilled to be back here guest posting.
Today I want to share with you my cheater method of making cake bites. All you need is a slice of cake (I bought mine for just a few bucks at the grocery store) and some candy melts. I like this method since it saves you the trouble of first making a cake but it also makes it so if you wanted you could make a bunch of different flavors with out having to make a thousand.
First mash up the cake so that the frosting and the cake is well incorporated. Then roll a spoonful of the mixture into ball shapes and freeze.
Next melt the candy melts I like to do 10-20 seconds increments in the microwave stirring each time. Then take the frozen balls of cake and dip. Try to work quickly and let set on wax paper. Top with more candy melts, sprinkles or what ever you like if desired.
Easy right? One piece of cake (I think it was 1/4 of a sheet?) made 16 cake balls and they were really rich so most everyone just had 1 or 2. Perfect diet treat right? I hope you’ll swing by Rae Gun Ramblings and say hi and if you try it let me know.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017