Who doesn’t love receiving mail?! Especially when the mail is a beautiful handmade card from a friend or loved one. Let’s make some cute cards that will surely bring a smile to your recipient’s face. Below you will find both inspiration and tips for sewing your own cards…
Sewing Cute Cards
Don’t have a sewing machine? That’s perfectly fine. Buttons and die cuts are easy to sew by hand onto your cards. There are so many sewing notions,papergoodies, and materials you can use. Here are just a few…To hide any stitches that you don’t want to show from the inside of the card, cut out and attach a separate piece of card stock once you are done sewing. That will give you a nice, clean slate in which to write a beautiful message inside your card.A Few Tips for Sewing with Paper…
- Loosen the tension on your machine so the paper doesn’t tear.
- Use heavier paper and die cuts rather than extremely lightweight papers.
- Leave long tails of thread to knot together at the back rather than backstitching. Paper isn’t as forgiving as fabric and can tear when you backstitch. You can add a piece of tape to the knotted tails in order to secure them once you are done sewing.
- If you are going to be doing a lot of sewing with paper, designate a needle to be your “paper needle”. Paper dulls both scissors and needles faster than fabric. I should also add that you also do not want to use your good sewing scissors on paper .
- Do not use adhesives until you are done with the sewing part of your card. If you sew through glue or tape, it can gunk up your machine.
- Try sewing with your machine, as well as, sewing by hand.
- Get creative with your materials.
- Have fun!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017
- Get Inspired! Delightful Valentine Mantel Decor Ideas - February 7, 2017
- Rubber Ducky You’re the One Valentine Cards for Kids - February 4, 2017
- Emoji Valentines Free Printables for Kids - February 3, 2017
- Give the Sweetest Little Wild Valentine cards - February 2, 2017