So I had an interesting day yesterday.I was driving my kids around when suddenly I started getting phone calls from all of these numbers I didn’t recognize. I didn’t answer, but then I got suspicious so I checked my voice mail.It was my grandma,who thought she was calling my husband.She was in hysterics…about me.She said I had called her from Miami (yes I live in, and haven’t left Oregon). I was in jail because of a DUI. I had been beaten up, had my nose broken and on top of it all, I had laryngitis. I needed her help, but because I was in jail I was only allowed to call every hour. I was so embarrassed, that I asked her not to tell anyone in the family.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
So my Grandma then proceeded to call and tell ALL of my family. Most of them knew it was a scammer right away, but my grandma did not believe it. She was sure I needed help and she was rallying the troops.Poor lady. Can you believe that? How can people do that to cute little old grandmas? Also, how did they know that was my grandma? Where do you find that information? I didn’t have her new number on my phone, but they managed to get it.
Gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe
I know most of you know that I have started eating a paleo diet, and I have been loving it…but I do love my desserts, and I LOVE eating cookie dough. So if you are trying to eat healthier and also enjoy cookie dough then you should make these. Today.
They are paleo, vegan, and egg free, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and still taste like cookie dough. They are yummy! Even my non-paleo eating husband liked these! These are also super easy to make!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour*
- 1 1/2 T. Coconut Flour
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
*If you don’t have access to almond flour, you can totally make your own. Just put almonds in your food processor and process until it becomes a flour like consistency.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another.
- Mix together.
- Press dough into 8×8 glass pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Enjoy! (Keep chilled in airtight container if you aren’t eating them right away, the coconut oil will melt if it gets to warm)
You could also bake them if you want actual cookies. They are also yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a cookie dough scoop and bake them on parchment paper or silpat.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- If you want them chewy leave them as is before baking; if you want them crispy press them down before baking because they won’t spread out like regular cookies.
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Coconut Donuts | Plain and Chocolate Versions
- Paleo Weekly Meal Plans
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheescake
- Making the World Cuter Monday | October 15, 2012