Paleo Cookie Dough Bars

So I had an interesting day yesterday.I was driving my kids around when suddenly I started getting phone calls from all of these numbers I didn’t recognize. I didn’t answer, but then I got suspicious so I checked my voice mail.It was my grandma,who thought she was calling my husband.She was in hysterics…about me.She said I had called her from Miami (yes I live in, and haven’t left Oregon). I was in jail because of a DUI. I had been beaten up, had my nose broken and on top of it all, I had laryngitis. I needed her help, but because I was in jail I was only allowed to call every hour. I was so embarrassed, that I asked her not to tell anyone in the family.

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

So my Grandma then proceeded to call and tell ALL of my family. Most of them knew it was a scammer right away, but my grandma did not believe it. She was sure I needed help and she was rallying the troops.Poor lady. Can you believe that? How can people do that to cute little old grandmas? Also, how did they know that was my grandma? Where do you find that information? I didn’t have her new number on my phone, but they managed to get it.

Gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe

I know most of you know that I have started eating a paleo diet, and I have been loving it…but I do love my desserts, and I LOVE eating cookie dough. So if you are trying to eat healthier and also enjoy cookie dough then you should make these. Today.

They are paleo, vegan, and egg free, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and still taste like cookie dough. They are yummy! Even my non-paleo eating husband liked these! These are also super easy to make!

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars

• 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour*
  • 1 1/2 T. Coconut Flour
  • 1/3 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/3 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips

*If you don’t have access to almond flour, you can totally make your own. Just put almonds in your food processor and process until it becomes a flour like consistency.

1. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
  2. Mix wet ingredients in another.
  3. Mix together.
  4. Press dough into 8×8 glass pan.
  5. Chill until firm.
  6. Cut into squares.
  7. Enjoy! (Keep chilled in airtight container if you aren’t eating them right away, the coconut oil will melt if it gets to warm)

You could also bake them if you want actual cookies. They are also yummy!

1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Use a cookie dough scoop and bake them on parchment paper or silpat.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes.
  4. If you want them chewy leave them as is before baking; if you want them crispy press them down before baking because they won’t spread out like regular cookies.

Similar Posts:

Don't miss a single cute post! Enter your email here;

The following two tabs change content below.
Tiffany is a stay at home mom to four ridiculously cute kids and wife to one smoking hot Mc Dreamy lookalike. She loves photography, chocolate chip cookies and sunshine. She is the founder of Making the World Cuter, a site committed to doing just what the title states; Making the world cuter, one kid, photograph, outfit, yummy treat or crafty thing at a time.

Latest posts by Tiffany @Making the World Cuter (see all)

Comments

1. says

Oooh! Thank you for sharing! :) I made this as a special date night treat with my hubby tonight. :) I did make a few changes – I’m not paleo, but needing options for lower sugar content sweet treats…. Boy did this more than do the job!!!
    Laurel West recently posted…The Monday Ho-HumsMy Profile

• Sarah says

I regularly swap honey and maple syrup for each other when baking depending on what I have

2. Elsie says

I loved these cookies! Thanks for the recipe. I made them a couple weeks ago. I’m going to make them again tonight but I will try to use less syrup, they were a little too sweet for me. Also, instead of using Choc. Chips I used organic raisins. Delicious!

3. Michelle says

Such a nice Paleo treat! I’m going to make another batch today and add in some chopped walnuts.

4. Allison says

Sounds delish! Did you use refined or unrefined coconut oil? I’m guessing unrefined because I’m sure that would add a wonderful coconut flavor but I wanted to check. Thanks for the recipe!:)

5. Shannon says

Came by this on Pinterest, and these look great! Wanted to add that the EXACT same thing happened to my nana, unfortunately she was panicked and sent them $7000 …so sad.

• says

No!!!! I can’t believe that Shannon! Not cool. Luckily my grandma is super poor, so she didn’t have a cent to send them, or else she would have to. Did the police find them?
      Hope you try the cookie dough bars. (I’ve actually started making them into balls and freezing them).
      Have a great weekend-
      Tiffany
      Tiffany @Making the World Cuter recently posted…Spring Cleaning The KitchenMy Profile

6. says

first of all, that is TERRIBLE what they did to your grandmother. in fact, it makes me sick. so so sad and not okay! i’m really glad you got it sorted! secondly, these look AMAZING and i’m making them tomorrow. thanks for sharing!
    Christin recently posted…crushing on: c.wonderMy Profile

7. Kara says

I am disgusting and had to make a double batch of this, and am currently eating it with a spoon without waiting for it to chill (also with my dinner sitting in front of me). This is so good. I’ve been having insane cookie/carb cravings over the past week and I am soooooooooo happy that I found this recipe on Pinterest! I’ll use it all the time!

8. cassdidy says

can you use grapeseed oil in replace of the coconut oil or would you suggest just using coconut oil?

9. says

Came here through a link in my mini iPad digital issue of Paleo Living and just wanted to thank you for helping to keep a Family fave dessert of ours in the Family. I’ve been recently diagosised w/Gluten issues and have been finding out in this day and age that doesn’t mean as restricted a diet as even ten years ago might have been.

This recipe however, this means that my Two Tone Brownies won’t have to be given up. While I’ve found many great Paleo/Grain Free Brownie recipes, the same couldn’t be said for an egg less Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Until now that is.

BTW, all needed to make these….Make a pan of your favourite Brownies and while they’re baking whip up the Cookie Dough. Once the Brownies have cooled, spread on the Cookie Dough and put in the fridge to firm up a bit for a couple of hours. Then serve them. Don’t ask how long they’ll last, as a pan never does seem to make it past a day and a bit around here.

Thanks again for this and the great site. I’ll be back for sure.

10. Lindsay N says

LOVE this recipe – love the minimal ingredients, minimal cooking time, and NO EGGS. EVERY other Paleo cookie/bar/brownie/’carby’ recipe I’ve come across uses a TON of eggs… and there’s nothing wrong with using eggs, but I eat a lot of eggs and don’t want to use them in baking paleo-friendly stuff too.

Anyway, LOVE this recipe – baked. Raw was ok, but I LOVED them baked as cookies.

11. Geneva says

The scammers probably never said your name, they just said they were her granddaughter. I got a call a while back about my sister (who is 15 and at the time lived 1500 miles away from me) who had supposedly been kidnapped and raped…I realized it was a scam before they could get to the ransom part, but they never actually said her name. They called at stupid in the morning, so I was confused already, and when I asked who it was, she just said “your sister” (which is another clue, my sister would never say that, she would say her name). Just hoping that gives you a little comfort about the safety of your family’s information. :)

Trackbacks