Making the World Cuter Monday | October 1, 2012

Making the World Cuter Link Up Party

Happy October!

I can’t believe how fast this year is flying by!

The holidays are coming up fast! This time of year is my absolute favorite, the anticipation for fun activities, the cooler, yet still nice weather, boots, sweaters, scarfs, soups, pumpkin…Ahhh.Yes, I love October!I do not like the colds that accompany the colder weather, this little fella has had a runny nose all week and a little bit of a cough. :(

Sleeping Baby

The upside? Lots of cuddle timeformama.Which is so nice for this little monster, it helps me remember that he really is still a baby and needs me.There was a ton of cute things linked up last week, the cute and pinworthy project this week comes to us from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom (again! I just seem to be drawn in all the time, these are so cute!)

Be sure to pin these and make some, because they will definitely make your table top cuter!

What is making the world cuter in your part of it?Link up below and please…

1. Link back.
  2. Subscribe and follow along to Making the World Cuter.
  3. Spread the word through Facebook, Twitter and/or Pinterest.
  4. Keep it Cute!

Similar Posts:

Don't miss a single cute post! Enter your email here;

The following two tabs change content below.
Tiffany is a stay at home mom to four ridiculously cute kids and wife to one smoking hot Mc Dreamy lookalike. She loves photography, chocolate chip cookies and sunshine. She is the founder of Making the World Cuter, a site committed to doing just what the title states; Making the world cuter, one kid, photograph, outfit, yummy treat or crafty thing at a time.

Latest posts by Tiffany @Making the World Cuter (see all)

Comments

1. MaryEllenGlidden says

Thanks so much for the party! Wow I’m the first link this week!  That’s a first for me!  I am doing a booth display series.  Hoping it will help and inspire others who have booths or are thinking about starting their own little retail space.

2. SwedishCorner says

Thanks for hosting, Tiffany! Can’t believe October is already here… We are in the middle of a two weeks holiday from school. Only one term left and my lil’man is in year one at the end of January next year!! Hope your lil’man is feeling better soon :)
    ~ Pernilla

• says

@SwedishCorner Isn’t it nuts!?! This year is flying by, and this time of year seems to fly with everything going on. Absolutely crazy! Is that how Australia does elementary school (is that what you call it there?) Does the school year start in January?

• SwedishCorner says

@Tiffany Hewlett Yep, our school year starts at the end of January… after our long 6 week Summer holiday around Christmas. It feels weird cause I’m used to Sweden where the new school year starts in August, after the Summer holiday :)

We call it Primary school, from the Prep Year, which is not compulsory when students are 5-6 years old (depending on when they are born in the financial year which runs from 1st July to 30th of June – if a child is born in the early part of the financial year they start the Prep year one year earlier than a child who was born after the 1st of July even though they are born in the same year- a bit strange… My son was very ready to go to school, but because he was born in Sept he had to wait a year)  Primary school is up to year 7 when students are 12-13 and then they are off to High School for another 4 years.

Wow, an educational lesson how the school system works here in Australia, but then again… it can vary from state to state/territory. Primary School finish at year 6 and then High School starts in year 7 in some states.

• says

@SwedishCorner It’s fascinating! My daughter actually does her school year this way because I had her skip half of first grade because she was ahead and getting bored. So she will be done with third grade at the first of January and will immediately start fourth. Our break obviously starts in June with our summer here. So it’s a big break in the middle of grades which so far hasn’t been a problem.
          That is interesting with the financial year starting in July.
          Why is that? Is that just how businesses run their financial year or the government…?
          Yes the states are different from state to state. Most elementary is done at 5th or 6th year with a middle school or Jr High going till 8th or 9th. Then they do high school until 12th. Every state, county and even district can be different though, but most are somewhat like that…at least all the places I’ve been.
          I love learning new things about the other side of the world! :)

• SwedishCorner says

@Tiffany Hewlett Not sure about the financial year, Tiffany! After over a decade here in Australia, things are still puzzling me lol

3. betterorgliving says

Thanks for hosting such a great party!  I love fall also.  Just wish it was a little cooler here in Florida.  Hope you’re little guy feels better soon.  Have a great week.

Michele@Betterorganizedliving

• says

@betterorgliving  Thanks Michelle, and yes I am grateful for the definite seasons here in Oregon. Although I will be singing a different tune when the white stuff starts falling from the sky and wishing I was hanging out with you on the beach! ;)

4. alderberryhill says

Happy October!!Thanks so much for this wonderful party!!
    I hope your little guy feels better soon, we’ve been passing the cold around in our household too!

• says

@alderberryhill No fun! Hopefully the cold does not move around too much here, my other kids are not so much cuddly as just whiny when they are sick! :)

5. amyallender says

Thanks for the party!  I hope your little one is feeling better!!

Amy
    amyallender.com/blog

6. LindsayAustinStorm says

Thanks so much for hosting, Tiffany!  Hope your little boy is feeling better!!

7. dmcarwin says

Thanks for the great party!  Hope your sweet little boy feels better!

Mindi @ http://mylove2create.blogspot.com/

Trackbacks

1. […] Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter Tutorials and Tips Link Party @ Home Stories A to Z  Meet Me Monday Link Party @ You’re Talking Too Much Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts Our Favorite Things Link Party @ My Life’s a Treasure Lil’ Luna Link Party @ Lil’ Luna Home Decor and Organizing Link Party @ Organize and Decorate Everything  The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party @ Delightful Order The 36th Avenue Party Time @ The 36th Avenue Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest […]