Yay for Back to School season! Can you tell I’m a newbie? From the looks of my instagramstream,non of the “pro” parents are thrilled at the prospect of buying piles of composition notebooks and sharpie highlighters.It’s my daughter’s first year of pre-school, so we’re chomping at the bit to fill her itty-bitty Disney Princess backpack full of goldfish, crayola products and pull-ups. *squeal*
My point being: I’m super excited about Tiff doing a Back to Schoolthemedweek onMTWC!So much so, in fact, that I’m totally copying her and doing a Back to School series on Something Swanky this week! Check it out– I’m making all the quintessential lunch box treats!And over here I’m sharing what I consider one of the quintessential running-late-for-class breakfasts: Toaster Strudel.Oh man. I love a good toaster strudel. With that warm, flaky crust and sweet glaze over top? Mmmmmmmm. It almost doesn’t even matter what’s inside, does it? (Fortunately, that’s pretty yummy too 😉
Homemade Toaster Strudel
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry dough
- 4 tbsp. blackberry jam (or your jam/jelly/preserves of choice)
- 5 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
- Thaw the puff pastry dough. Roll out on a floured surface as thin as you can (should be fairly close to doubled in length and width, but not quite)– try to keep it rectangular.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 8 equally sized rectangles.
- Spread 1 tbsp of jam on 4 of the rectangles.
- Wet the edges of each one and cover with a second pastry rectangle. Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Bake according to the temperature suggested on the box for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk (with a small whisk or fork) together the water and powdered sugar. Add more sugar or water to reach the glaze consistency you’re looking for (don’t add more than a tsp. of water at a time).
- Glaze the pastries straight out of the oven and serve warm! (some jam oozing will occur, it’s ok 🙂
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Mermaid or Fisherman Gender Reveal Party - March 15, 2017
- St Patrick’s Day Printable Set | So So So Lucky to Have You - March 13, 2017
- Super CUTE St Patricks Day Mantel Ideas - March 7, 2017
- Easy Dinner Idea! Buddha Bowls to Satisfy Everyone - March 1, 2017
- 5 Tips on How to Decorate with Tiered Trays - February 11, 2017