Yay for Back to School season! Can you tell I’m a newbie? From the looks of my instagramstream,non of the “pro” parents are thrilled at the prospect of buying piles of composition notebooks and sharpie highlighters.It’s my daughter’s first year of pre-school, so we’re chomping at the bit to fill her itty-bitty Disney Princess backpack full of goldfish, crayola products and pull-ups. *squeal*
My point being: I’m super excited about Tiff doing a Back to Schoolthemedweek onMTWC!So much so, in fact, that I’m totally copying her and doing a Back to School series on Something Swanky this week! Check it out– I’m making all the quintessential lunch box treats!And over here I’m sharing what I consider one of the quintessential running-late-for-class breakfasts: Toaster Strudel.Oh man. I love a good toaster strudel. With that warm, flaky crust and sweet glaze over top? Mmmmmmmm. It almost doesn’t even matter what’s inside, does it? (Fortunately, that’s pretty yummy too
Homemade Toaster Strudel
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry dough
- 4 tbsp. blackberry jam (or your jam/jelly/preserves of choice)
- 5 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
- Thaw the puff pastry dough. Roll out on a floured surface as thin as you can (should be fairly close to doubled in length and width, but not quite)– try to keep it rectangular.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 8 equally sized rectangles.
- Spread 1 tbsp of jam on 4 of the rectangles.
- Wet the edges of each one and cover with a second pastry rectangle. Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Bake according to the temperature suggested on the box for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk (with a small whisk or fork) together the water and powdered sugar. Add more sugar or water to reach the glaze consistency you’re looking for (don’t add more than a tsp. of water at a time).
- Glaze the pastries straight out of the oven and serve warm! (some jam oozing will occur, it’s ok
- Skinny Mini Apple Tartlets
- Print Runner Giveaway
- Back to School Fridge Calendar
- Back to School Party Ideas + FREE Printables