Today’s cute sewing project is a gift card pocket tutorial. Sewing one of these is a great way todressup a gift card. By using different fabrics, you can easily make these fit the theme of your gift. They can also double as business card holders. Ready to start sewing?
Gift Card Pocket Tutorial
- fabric scraps
- felt scraps
- sewing machine
- basic sewing supplies (coordinating thread, pins…)
- pinking shears and sewing scissors
1. Gatheryourmaterials including your fabric and felt.I chosefelt pieces that would coordinate nicely with my chosen fabric scraps.2. Make your pattern pieces by measuring and cutting out a 2 inch by 4 inch piece of paper and a 2.75 inch by 4 inch piece of paper. The larger pattern piece will be used to make the back panel of the pocket. Pin it onto your felt and cut around it.3. Pin the smaller pattern piece to your fabric and cut around it to create the front panel of your pocket.4. Use your pinking shears to trim across the top edge of the front fabric piece.
5. Pin the front panel of the pocket onto the felt backing.
6. Sew around the outside perimeter of the pieces thus sewing them together. Remember to backstitch at the start and finish.
7. Use your pinking shears to trim around the outside of the pocket being careful not to cut through your stitching. Place a gift card inside, gift it, and bring a smile to someone’s day!
What is your favorite gift card to give or get as a gift?
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Cactus Teacher Gift Free Printable Tags - April 14, 2017
- Movie Teacher Appreciation Ideas Free Printable Tag - April 13, 2017
- Now and Later Candy Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift - April 12, 2017
- Sharpie Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas - April 11, 2017
- Apple Teacher Appreciation Gift Tags to Print - April 10, 2017