I LOVE salads. I am always on the lookout for good salad recipes. Anytime I can eat salad for lunch or dinner I am all over it. My parents use to call me a rabbit when I was younger because it’s what I always ordered at restaurants. My old boss would always make fun of me when we would all go to work lunches and everyone would be ordering burgers and I would get my Cobb salad. But I mean is there anything girly about a huge plate of lettuce covered in meats, cheeses, vegetables and dressing? I thinknot.Yum!I was making my shopping list for the week and talking on the phone with my mother at the same time.Yes I can multitask like that. Especially when my mom is usually full of great ideas when it comes to food.She didn’t disappoint.And even though I already had Cobb salad and BBQ chicken salad on the menu for the week, when she told me about the salad she had made for dinner the night before, I knew I had to add this one to the list.
Shrimp, Bacon, Avocado Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing
Or as it will henceforth be called SBA salad with an Orange Balsamic Dressing.I was going to shorten the Orange Balsamic down to it’s initials but you can see where that might be misconstrued as something else, and I couldn’t change the letters the other way either. So it will remain as Orange Balsamic.All that really matters is this salad is yummy and is full of healthy yummy stuff + bacon.So yeah.Eat up!
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1/3 lb bacon chopped
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar dressing
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- Grape Tomatoes
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp.
- Drain off most of the fat, and return to med. heat.
- Add shrimp
- Add juice of one orange and balsamic dressing
- Stir well
- Meanwhile cut avocado and place on top of spinach with tomatoes.
- Pour dressing, bacon and shrimp on top
- Toss and serve with orange slice for garnish or extra flavor
Now It’s Your Turn!
What is your favorite meal time salad?
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Free Tribe Valentine Cards Printables - January 10, 2017
- Happy Birthday Wishes and Goals 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Kid Friendly New Years Eve Party - December 23, 2016
- Coconut Syrup Neighbor Gift Idea with Free Printable Tag - December 14, 2016
- Making the World Cuter Christmas Housewalk Tour 2016 - December 9, 2016