Happy 4th of July Week! I LOVE this week!
- It is the first week of ACTUAL summer weather for us Oregonians!
- I love any holiday that involves food cooked on the grill, and being outside.
- The feeling of gratitude and patriotism for our great country this week just makes me feel happy.
- My second boy has a birthday this week (he is turning 4) and his excitement is contagious.
- We get to start camping! Our first camping trip of the year was this past weekend and it was so fun!
My firstfavoritepart of camping is eating, especially if it is cooked in the fire, nothing is better than a hot meal after sleeping outside. My second favorite part is actually the sleeping, and I really actually like sleeping in a tent as long as I get an air mattress. We have an old pair of sheets that we put on it to make it more comfy, but I decided that next time I am bringing better ones. My husband and I are spoiled at home with our high thread count sheets and I really noticed this weekend how much I missed them. I may be getting some new matouk sheets for my bed and put the older ones in our camp box to make sleeping outside even better. I know some people need their coffee, or showers, or flushing toilets…but I would just be pleased as punch with some nice sheets. What do you need from home when camping to feel normal?
My least favorite part of camping is fishing. My husband lives for it. I find it completely opposite of relaxing. You have to bring so much stuff, we rarely catch anything, the kids get frustrated because A) they’re not catching anything and B) because they can’t reel in their poles over and over again, or walk in front of the lines, or yell, or…the list goes on. What is supposed to be a nice relaxing couple of hours turns into frustrated kids, a smart mouthed wife and a grumpy husband. I try to be supportive of it, but my natural sarcastic abilities always come out in full force when a fishing pole is nearby. Anyone who has older kids, does it get better? I hope so.
It also rained on us for the better part of one day. But I was curled up in the tent reading a book, so it wasn’t all bad. The kids were playing in the mud which made them 100% dirtier, but they had a blast, and when camping you just have to forget that you like things clean right? My one year old thought it was the best ever, he got to stay outside all day getting filthy and mom didn’t get after him once to stop. Pure heaven.
Did you miss anything from last week?
Week in Review
Ashton gave us a super yummy smoothie recipe, that is also good for you!
Kassi shared an easy last minute centerpiece for the 4th, but it could easily be adapted for anything. Cute and simple!
And I shared a tutorial on how to make the perfect picnic blanket showcasing some adorable fabric from Riley Blake Designs.
How are you making the world cuter?
- Subscribe to Making the World Cuter by email or reader.
- Tweet, Facebook, g+, or pin this linky party, letting people know your making the world cuter today.
- Link back to makingtheworldcuter.com
- Check out the other linky parties.
- Keep it cute!
- Making The World Cuter Monday | November 5, 2012
- Making the World Cuter Monday | October 1, 2012
- Making the World Cuter Monday
- Making the World Cuter Monday | June 17, 2012
- Making the World Cuter Monday | Gift Ideas for Guys