This DIY frame was made for Making the World Cuter by Kassi Mortensen, our crafty friend of Truly Lovely.Hey there friends!So, my husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on Monday!! Whoot! Did you know that the traditional gift for the first year of marriage is paper? I scoured the interwebs and finally found something for my husband that would fit the paper description…A I love you because… frame!
- Picture frame (I got mine at Wal-Mart for $3!)
- Spray paint (if you prefer a different color for the frame)
- Sanding block (again, if you plan to paint the frame and like the ruffed up look)
- Dry erase marker
- Two magnets
- Photo or printer paper
This one is so simple I prefer not to insult your intelligence with a complete play by play. 😉
But basically you spray paint the frame (my frame was black and I preferred a dark brown for where it would be displayed). I ruffed up the edges so a little of the black showed through for a more rustic look.
Then I designed my print out in Word, printed it on photo paper and stuck it in the frame.
Traditional Anniversary Gift
I used E-6000 glue to glue one magnet onto the frame itself and another onto my dry erase marker. Now there’s a marker handy anytime either of us wants to write on the glass!
First Year paper Anniversary
Please excuse my horrible handwriting… I was in a rush before the hubs came home! haha! I displayed the frame in our bathroom so each morning we can leave one another sweet messages. 😉
Happy crafting lovelies!
Now It’s Your Turn
Do you give traditional wedding anniversary gifts? What gifts have you given?
Latest posts by Tiffany @Making the World Cuter (see all)
- Chicken Pot Pie Dumplings - October 24, 2016
- How to Rule Halloween this year, Even if You Procrastinated Till Now. - October 23, 2016
- 14 DIY Halloween Costumes - October 16, 2016
- Delightful Black and White Halloween Mantel - October 15, 2016
- 10 Must Make Party Food Recipes - October 9, 2016