You may remember my Cleaning the House is Fun to Do series from last year. I love when my kids help out around the house without complaint and I love to let them have their own spending money that they earned to buy whatever their little hearts desire. We have been using the same chore chart system for a long time now and it has worked great! We have just been crazy busy lately and so I thought it might be fun to have a little punch card system that way the kids can see the results of their efforts in a fun way.
Cleaning the house with kids
The jobs are still pretty much the same;
- Get Ready (eat breakfast, clear their own dish, brush their teeth, get dressed, make their bed and make sure their rooms are straightened)
- Read for 15 minutes and do a worksheet (as home schoolers we have lots of leftover work sheets in their books, so I just let them pick one, and the younger kids get read to by either myself or one of the older kids as part of their 15 minutes)
- Do their own Age Appropriate job (unloading the dishwasher, take out the trash, and clean up the living room)
- Help mom with the job of the day (I’ll talk more about that another time, but on Fridays-it’s thoroughly clean the bedrooms-they all help)
- Extra punches for good deeds, or extra jobs (mom and dad’s discretion)
I also saved the blank version so that I could change the graphics, and maybe the amounts, or use them for something else entirely!
Let me know if you try this out!
- Spring Cleaning | Deep Clean Your Whole House in a Week
- Cleaning the House is Fun to Do! Part 1: Chore Chart Tutorial
- Cleaning the House is Fun to Do! Part 2: Age Appropriate Jobs
- Cleaning the House is Fun to Do! Part 3: Money Time
- Elf Food Groups FREE Printable