Cleaning Out the Refrigerator

6 Steps to a Clean Refrigerator

Should we tackle this?

Yes, it’s time to clean out the fridge.

Cleaning out the RefrigeratorDid you just get the chills? (Hee hee)

I always put off cleaning out my fridge till it is sick nast.Then I have to clean it out because if I don’t it could be hazardous to the new food I keep stuffing in there.

Cleaning out the Refrigerator

1. Take EVERYTHING out.
  2. Scrub the whole thing down with cleaner of choice. Mine is Clorox Bleach Spray. Kills germs, end of story.
  3. Clean the drawers and if necessary move the shelves to a more convenient arrangement. (My husband was getting vicious with me because I kept putting condiments on the milk sized shelf and thus making no room for said milk or other things that need to fit on the tall shelf).
  4. Change the box of baking soda that had been in there since June and had since sucked in all sorts of nasty smells and finally just gave up the ghost.
  5. Throw out all expired condiments or anything that you won’t use again, (don’t you hate that? You need 1/2 a teaspoon of tomato paste but then keep the jar in the fridge for months never intending to use it again because it’s been in the fridge for months. Or is that just me?).
  6. Put it all back in and cross it off your list!

You need to clean out your fridge anyway! The holidays are coming up and you need space to hold all those yummy pies and treats that you will be baking (or buying from Costco in bulk…just me again?)

So who’s with me? Who else dreads cleaning out the fridge…but really REALLY need to get that goop that has poured down the wall and froze that way in a multitude of colors and flavors…not that I ever tasted it, but I did see my three year old doing just that! GROSS! Builds up their immune systems right?

And look! Plenty of room for industrial sized pie! (and milk sweetheart! Happy Anniversary this week!)

How to Organize your fridgeWhen was the last time you cleaned out your fridge? What is the oldest thing you have in your fridge? How thick is that unidentifiable goop down the wall?

I received information about Clorox’s Bleach It Away campaign and am sharing my messy moment for the chance to win prizes from The SITS Girls. To learn more about the messy moment program, check out www.BleachItAway.com. Sharing your story on the Clorox fan page gets you entered for the chance to win $25,000 and daily prizes, and you can grab a coupon for Clorox

Similar Posts:

Don't miss a single cute post! Enter your email here;

The following two tabs change content below.
Tiffany is a stay at home mom to four ridiculously cute kids and wife to one smoking hot Mc Dreamy lookalike. She loves photography, chocolate chip cookies and sunshine. She is the founder of Making the World Cuter, a site committed to doing just what the title states; Making the world cuter, one kid, photograph, outfit, yummy treat or crafty thing at a time.

Latest posts by Tiffany @Making the World Cuter (see all)

Comments

1. says

Oh goodness, I lost my breath when I saw a fridge in your cleaning challenge. It’s my most dreaded chore. Right now, the most disgusting thing is a some two week old chicken that I forgot to throw out on trash day so it stays in the fridge until I hopefully remember to throw it out next trash day.

Is that a pumpkin pie from Costco? =)

• says

Why yes, yes it is! My hubby and kids can’t get enough of it…me I don’t think pumpkin pie should be called a dessert, not sweet enough, but we almost ALWAYS have one in our fridge all fall long! :) And I can totally relate to the rotten chicken, it’s better to have it rot in your fridge then stink up the trash…oh yuck!

2. says

oh goodness, I am so right there with ya!! I’m in the process of cleaning mine out- it’s definitely a dreaded chore, so I’m spacing the cleaning out over a few days :P I stand a better chance of getting it done knowing I only have to tackle part of it each day :)

• says

I seriously couldn’t do it over a few days, I would lose my marbles! I have to get in there and get it done, or else I would get the top shelf done and the rest would be left for another 6 months! Good for you and your discipline! :)

3. says

Great job! Your fridge looks awesome now!

I definitely need to clean out our refrigerator, I try to make a point of regularly throwing out leftovers and expired condiments, to prevent fridge science projects, but sometimes it gets away from me ;)

4. says

I actually did this dreaded job out last week. I’m always amazed at how many condiments I have to throw out. I feel like I do this horrible job twice a month, but my old condiments say different!

• says

I know! It doesn’t feel like it was that long for me either…and the worst part was that some of my condiments expired in spring. That means I moved them with us to the new house. How pathetic is that?!? :)

5. says

Is it just me or is it kinda fun to peek into someone else’s fridge?? I think this would be a fun linky – Show us your fridge! lol. Kidding. Unless, of course, you like it too : )

6. Angela says

I made the mistake of cleaning out the fridge before putting groceries away from a big shopping trip. I cleaned it all out, threw away a bunch of expired things and grossness, then put away the groceries….. and it looked empty. I had to go back to the store for a bunch of the basics. Of course that was about 6 months ago…. MUST clean it out this week OR ELSE.

7. says

I don’t think I have cleaned our fridge since we moved in a year and a half ago. Maybe I will add that to my Christmas break project list…who am I kidding?! It probably won’t get cleaned for another year.