Should we tackle this?
Yes, it’s time to clean out the fridge.
I always put off cleaning out my fridge till it is sick nast.Then I have to clean it out because if I don’t it could be hazardous to the new food I keep stuffing in there.
Cleaning out the Refrigerator
- Take EVERYTHING out.
- Scrub the whole thing down with cleaner of choice. Mine is Clorox Bleach Spray. Kills germs, end of story.
- Clean the drawers and if necessary move the shelves to a more convenient arrangement. (My husband was getting vicious with me because I kept putting condiments on the milk sized shelf and thus making no room for said milk or other things that need to fit on the tall shelf).
- Change the box of baking soda that had been in there since June and had since sucked in all sorts of nasty smells and finally just gave up the ghost.
- Throw out all expired condiments or anything that you won’t use again, (don’t you hate that? You need 1/2 a teaspoon of tomato paste but then keep the jar in the fridge for months never intending to use it again because it’s been in the fridge for months. Or is that just me?).
- Put it all back in and cross it off your list!
You need to clean out your fridge anyway! The holidays are coming up and you need space to hold all those yummy pies and treats that you will be baking (or buying from Costco in bulk…just me again?)
So who’s with me? Who else dreads cleaning out the fridge…but really REALLY need to get that goop that has poured down the wall and froze that way in a multitude of colors and flavors…not that I ever tasted it, but I did see my three year old doing just that! GROSS! Builds up their immune systems right?
And look! Plenty of room for industrial sized pie! (and milk sweetheart! Happy Anniversary this week!)
I received information about Clorox’s Bleach It Away campaign and am sharing my messy moment for the chance to win prizes from The SITS Girls. To learn more about the messy moment program, check out www.BleachItAway.com. Sharing your story on the Clorox fan page gets you entered for the chance to win $25,000 and daily prizes, and you can grab a coupon for Clorox