Once Upon A Time my now pregnant sistergot married, and I was her bridesmaid.
She got married on the beach, and we all wore white linen skirts.
It was a beautiful wedding, and I was happy to not be in a hideous dress made of taffeta or some other equally horrifying material.
But now-nearly 5 years later-the white linen skirt (from Old Navy) is a little drab.
- I cut off the skirt to the length I wanted it.
- With some of the lining of the length I cut off, I cut some thin strips (you can see where this is going right?)
- I liked the raw edge of the skirt and lining of the linen, it gave a nice fray, so I just sewed an 1/8 inch line around the bottom to keep it from fraying any further than that-and didn’t bother hemming it.
- With my stitch width set to 4, I whipped up a bunch of cute little ruffles, this time sewing right down the middle of the strip.
- I played around with the ruffles and pinned them where I wanted them.
- Then I just sewed them on….and the reveal….
I’m pretty thrilled with it!
What do you think was mission ‘Make this Skirt Cuter’ a success?
- Making this Skirt Cuter Refashion
- Mommy and Me Aprons
- Sexy Modest Boutique Giveaway
- Outerwear that is so ‘In’
The following two tabs change content below.
Tiffany is a stay at home mom to four ridiculously cute kids and wife to one smoking hot Mc Dreamy lookalike. She loves photography, chocolate chip cookies and sunshine. She is the founder of Making the World Cuter, a site committed to doing just what the title states; Making the world cuter, one kid, photograph, outfit, yummy treat or crafty thing at a time.