Once Upon A Time my now pregnant sistergot married, and I was her bridesmaid.
She got married on the beach, and we all wore white linen skirts.
It was a beautiful wedding, and I was happy to not be in a hideous dress made of taffeta or some other equally horrifying material.
But now-nearly 5 years later-the white linen skirt (from Old Navy) is a little drab.
- I cut off the skirt to the length I wanted it.
- With some of the lining of the length I cut off, I cut some thin strips (you can see where this is going right?)
- I liked the raw edge of the skirt and lining of the linen, it gave a nice fray, so I just sewed an 1/8 inch line around the bottom to keep it from fraying any further than that-and didn’t bother hemming it.
- With my stitch width set to 4, I whipped up a bunch of cute little ruffles, this time sewing right down the middle of the strip.
- I played around with the ruffles and pinned them where I wanted them.
- Then I just sewed them on….and the reveal….
I’m pretty thrilled with it!
What do you think was mission ‘Make this Skirt Cuter’ a success?