I wanted to put together a little bow tie onesie tutorial because my baby Oliver has been wearing them a lot lately and they always get a ton of compliments. He is really cute in them, although I was a little skeptical at first.
Bow Tie Onesie Tutorial
Baby Nerd Shirt
Cute Baby Shower Gift Ideas
First you will need to make a bowtie.
How to make a bow tie
- To make it easier to sew on the bow tie, I sewed a small piece of ribbon onto the neck of the shirt (and I messed up on the numbering #4 should actually be #2) then I wrapped the bow tie in the small piece of ribbon and sewed it into the inside so that no thread shows on the front of the shirt.
- Sew down the edges of bowtie, especially if you made it out of fabric.
- For the suspenders-Fold over the ribbon and sew the button onto the fold, that way you don’t have to worry about fraying or trying to get a clean edge.
- (see step #1)
- Sew the other end of the suspender ribbon under the shoulder piece on the onesie.
- Sew the button onto the shirt-really tight and secure, you don’t want baby pulling it off and choking!
- Take picture of cute baby wearing his little nerd shirt.
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Cactus Teacher Gift Free Printable Tags - April 14, 2017
- Movie Teacher Appreciation Ideas Free Printable Tag - April 13, 2017
- Now and Later Candy Teacher Appreciation Printable Gift - April 12, 2017
- Sharpie Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas - April 11, 2017
- Apple Teacher Appreciation Gift Tags to Print - April 10, 2017